Civic Data Research Assistant
Professor Liz McKenna seeks a research assistant with data skills and an interest in civic engagement, collective action, and social movements in the United States.
Tasks and Deliverables:
- The selected RA will be involved in improving the data quality of the most comprehensive dataset on the contact information of civic opportunity organizations in the United States.
- The selected RA will be involved in assisting the design and distribution of the largest survey on civic opportunity organizations in the United States.
- The work will be supervised by Professor Liz McKenna (Harvard Kennedy School) and Jae Yeon Kim (Johns Hopkins University).
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Interest in civic engagement, collective action, and social movements in the United States
- Experience in wrangling data, especially manipulating characters (e.g., regular expressions), using Python/R
- Experience in programming and distributing surveys via Qualtrics
Eligibility: Harvard graduate or master’s degree students are eligible to apply.
Duration: 2023-2024 academic year
Anticipated time commitment: Negotiable and results-focused (up to 20 hours per week)
Compensation: $21 – $25/hour